We take your privacy very seriously, we know that you do not want every man and his dog knowing your details. However, from time to time we may come across someone who we think you would really love to hear from and so we may give them your details. Listen to what they have to say or offer, you can always unsubscribe – or, you can tell us up front and we will never pass your details on.
If you change your mind about being contacted after agreeing, just get in touch, we will put a stop to it. We have an open and honest policy here at SensorFlow so if you ever want to know what info we have recorded about you, give us a shout, we’ll fish it out.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
Some data will be collected automatically by Our Site (for further details, please see our Cookies section), other data will only be collected if you voluntarily submit it and consent to Us using it for the purposes set out in section 2, for example, when signing up for an Account. Depending upon your use of Our Site, we may collect some or all the following data:
- Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Billing and postal address;
- Demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests;
- Financial information such as transaction history;
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
- Lifestyle and other information collected on registration or through surveys.
If you choose to provide us with personal information it will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you.
Non-Personal Identifying Information.
We may also collect non-personal identifying information about your visit to our websites based on your browsing activities. This information may include the pages you browse, and products and services viewed or ordered for example.
This helps us to better manage and develop our site, to provide you with a more enjoyable, customised service and experience in the future, and to help us develop and deliver better products and services tailored to your individual interests and needs.
From time to time, if you consented accordingly we may also store and use your information to contact you for market research, marketing, information and customer service purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, mail or social media platforms as indicated by you.
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). For more details on security see section 8, below.
We use your data to provide the best possible products and services to you. This includes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to Our Site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on Our Site;
- Supplying Our products and services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring Our products and services for you;
- Responding to communications from you;
- Supplying you with email newsletters and offers, that you have subscribed to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time);
- Analysing your use of Our Site [and gathering feedback] to enable Us to continually improve Our Site and your user experience;
Verifying your identity when required (you may lose your password or security information for example, and we may then need to ask you for other ‘identifiable’ information to protect your data from unauthorised access).
In some cases, the collection of data may be a statutory or contractual requirement, and We will be limited in the products and services We can provide you without your consent for Us to be able to use such data.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email and post with information, news and offers on Our products and services.
We will not, however, send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that We fully protect your rights and comply with Our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, as amended in 2004, 2011 and 2015.
Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights. We will only process your personal data if at least one of the following basis applies:
You have given consent to the processing of your personal data for one or more specific purposes:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or in order to take steps at the request of you prior to entering into a contract;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; and/or
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
3. How and Where Do We Store Your Data?
- We only keep your data for as long as we need to use it as described above in section 2, and/or for as long as We have your permission to keep it. Your data will be deleted if we no longer need it.
- Your data will only be stored within the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- Some or all your data may be stored or transferred outside of the European Economic Area (“the EEA”) (The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein).
- You are deemed to accept and agree to this by using Our Site and submitting information to Us. If We do store or transfer data outside the EEA, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated as safely and securely as it would be within the EEA and under the GDPR. Such steps may include, but not be limited to, the use of legally binding contractual terms between Us and any third parties We engage and the use of the EU-approved Model Contractual Arrangements.
- Data security is of immense importance to Us, and to protect your data We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that We take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to Us data via the internet, email and or any electronic means.
4. Do We Share Your Data?
- We may contract with third parties to supply products and services to you on Our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. In some cases, the third parties may require access to some or all your data. Where any of your data is required for such a purpose, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data will be handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, Our obligations, and the obligations of the third party under the law.
- We may compile statistics about the use of Our Site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying information. We may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
- In certain circumstances We may be legally required to share certain data held by Us, which may include your personal information, for example, where We are involved in legal proceedings, where We are complying with the requirements of legislation, a court order, or a governmental authority. We do not require any further consent from you to share your data in such circumstances and will comply as required with any legally binding request that is made of us.
5. How Can You Control Your Data?
- When you submit information via Our Site, you may be given options to restrict Our use of your data. We aim to give you strong controls on Our use of your data including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from Us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in Our emails or by managing your Account.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the United Kingdom. The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
6. Your Right to Withhold Information and Your Right to Withdraw Information After You Have Given It.
- You may access certain areas of Our Site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You may withdraw your consent for Us to use your personal data at any time by contacting Us using the details set out in section 11, and We will delete Your data from Our systems. However, you acknowledge this may limit Our ability to provide the best possible products and services to you.
7. How Can You Access Your Data?
You have the legal right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Us (where such data is held).
Please contact Us for more details at [email protected]
Please quote your name and address together with your mobile and / or account/order number (if relevant). We would be grateful if could also provide brief details of what information you want a copy of (this helps us to more readily locate your data.
We will take all reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.
8. Information Security.
SensorFlow Ltd recognises that its customers are increasingly concerned about how companies protect personal information from misuse and abuse and about privacy in general. SensorFlow Ltd is constantly reviewing and enhancing its technical, physical and managerial procedures and rules to protect your personal data from unauthorised access, accidental loss and/or destruction.
We use industry standard TLS certificates to provide encryption of data in transit, for example, all access SensorFlow Ltd’s website is covered by HTTPS.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through several countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web internet.
SensorFlow Ltd cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
9. Summary of Your Rights Under GDPR.
Under the GDPR you have:
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by Us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling (see section 10 below).
10. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling.
If We use personal data for the purposes of automated decision making and those decisions have a legal (or similarly significant effect) on You, you have the right to challenge to such decisions under GDPR, requesting human intervention, expressing your own point of view, and obtaining an explanation of the decision from Us.
The right described above do not apply in the following circumstances:
- The decision is necessary for the entry into, or performance of, a contract between the You and Us;
- The decision is authorised by law; or
- You have given your explicit consent.
11. Contacting Us.
Please ensure that your query is clear, particularly if it is a request for information about the data we hold about you.